For a child entering New Zealand for the first time
1). To apply for a place at Te Akau ki Papamoa School please submit;
- an application form which includes any relevant health or behavioural information about the student.
- a photocopy of the student’s passport
- a copy of the student’s birth certificate
- certified school reports, references and certificates from their current school.
- Verification of address, accommodation and parents’ details (a birth certificate in English will be required).
2). If Te Akau ki Papamoa School has a place for your child, we will send you a letter of Offer of Place to attend Te Akau ki Papamoa School that needs to be forwarded to the Immigration Department of New Zealand. This means that your child will be accepted into Te Akau ki Papamoa School provided that the rest of the application procedure is completed satisfactorily.
3). If your child has been offered a place at Te Akau ki Papamoa School you need to:
- send us International Student tuition fees for the duration of enrolment, as per our letter of Offer. These must be paid in full before your child arrives in New Zealand.
- Organise comprehensive medical and travel insurance for your child and the rest of the family. It is the responsibility of the student and/or their caregivers to ensure this insurance is in place and to provide the school with a copy of the current policy. (see Page 15 for more information)
4). Once we have received International Student fees as per our Letter of Offer we will send you a Confirmation of Place to attend Te Akau ki Papamoa School, together with a receipt. These are the official documents you require to process your child’s visa application.
5). Once you have a letter that confirms an Offer of Place, a receipt and you have organised Medical and Travel Insurance, you need to complete an application form for a Student Visa for your child/ren and a Visitor Visa for yourself as the Legal Parent/Guardian through Immigration New Zealand. www.immigration.govt.nz
6). As soon as passports have been stamped and the student permit has been issued with the relevant details, you need to provide a copy of this to Te Akau ki Papamoa School.
For a child enrolling from another school
To transfer to Te Akau ki Papamoa School from another school please submit;
- a letter from a parent authorising the transfer.
- a copy of the child’s student visa that states Te Akau ki Papamoa School as the provider.
- previous school records such as formal school reports.
- a written letter that states that Te Akau ki Papamoa School has permission to contact their previous school. (This conforms with the Privacy Act)
Students may commence enrolment at Te Akau ki Papamoa School once all official documentation has been sighted and copies made to be kept on School Record;
- Enrolment Form
- Full names and current addresses of parents or legal guardians in their home country and while living in New Zealand for students under the age of 18
- Tuition Agreement
- Receipt for Tuition fees
- Main page of current Passport for both student/s and their parent/ legal guardian
- Current Student Visa issued for student/s
- Current Immigration Visa/Permit issued for Parent or Legal Guardian who student/s will be living with during their time studying at Te Akau ki Papamoa School
- Comprehensive Medical and Travel Insurance details for entire duration of stay in New Zealand
On acceptance and in consultation with the student, students are placed at an appropriate academic level. This placement is determined by the student’s academic ability, course content previously covered and age.