Out of Zone Enrolments
Each term the Board will determine the number of places that are likely to be available in the following term for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone.
The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority – will be given to students have been accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school and approved by the Secretary of Education. The school currently does not such a programme.
- Second priority – will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Third priority – will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Fourth priority – will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees
- Fifth priority – will be given to all other applicants
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth and fifth groups than there are places available, a selection within priority ballot in accordance with instructions issued by Secretary for Education under 11 G(1) of the Education Act 1989.
Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applications seeking second and third priority status may be required to give ‘proof of a sibling relationship’.